Tuesday 17 September 2013

The BEST No Bake Cherry Cheesecake


Cherry cheesecake has to be my most favorite of desserts. It's yummy, creamy, and there are so many variations of the cheesecake itself that the possibilities are infinite, literally. I actually used to HATE cheesecake, i did not like the amount of cream cheese flavor you could taste in them, but after the 5th or 6th slice, it starts to grow on you (in more ways than one) Now, I make a cheesecake probably once a month, just to satisfy my huge sugar cravings. 

INGREDIENTS

CRUST
  •  1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  •  1/4 cup softened butter or marg
  •  1/4 cup sugar
FILLING
  •  1 package cream cheese (slightly softened)
  •  1 cup icing sugar
  •  1 cup whipping cream (whipped)
  •  1 tsp vanilla
  •  1 can cherry pie filling

STEP 1
Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a bowl until well combined and crumbly. Press into a pie plate. 
* I like to put mine in the fridge while I do the filling as it helps it to harden faster and doesn't break apart when you spread the filling around afterwards

 STEP 2
Cut the cream cheese into chunks, add the icing sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth and spreadable. 

 STEP 3
Whip the cream and then whisk that into your cream cheese mixture until smooth

STEP 4
Spread your cream cheese mixture over the crust as evenly as you can. Refrigerate about 2 - 3 hours giving it time to set and firm up.

STEP 5 
Spread your cherry pie filling over the top, refrigerate and enjoy later, or serve immediately.

Have fun stuffing your faces! :D Not to long ago I made one of these for my hubby who came home from course, as he has a hardcore sweet tooth and just loves cheesecake as much as i do, he ended up having maybe 2-3 pieces and i ended up eating the last 3/4 of it and believe it or not, LOST 3lbs. I was like, HA no way, I should eat cheesecake all the time!

1 comment:

Witch Of Ghosts said...

Much appreciate you sharing this.