When it comes to chips & dip, all my willpower to eat healthy fades fairly quickly. One bite and your taste buds are in heaven! I love my Tostitos and salsa but they are so high in sodium that the next day I feel like a fish out of water haha. I came across pita chips, and I was skeptical at first because like really? Just dipping bread into dip.. or whatever. Not very appealing. Then I found out how to make them myself so there's nothing added to them, and there actually a healthier version :D BONUS! Not to mention, freakin' delicious. Once you've had these, you'll never buy a bag of chips ever again. I swear it. I haven't.
Baked Pita Chips
- 12 pita bread pockets (whole wheats optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of EVOO or any cooking oil of choice
- your spice of choice [ i usually use ground Cajun spice ]
- Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Cut eat pita bread into 8 slices and place on a cookie sheet
- Brush the tops of the slices with olive oil
- Sprinkle your spice of choice over top
- Bake in the oven for about 7-8 minutes until golden and crispy. They burn REAL easy if you walk away and forget and come back 10 minutes later, they will be like rocks haha
- Enjoy with your favorite dip or salsa!